Wednesday 3 September 2008

Amy and Lee's Wedding in Peckforton Castle

What a stunning location for a wedding! Peckforton castle is in Cheshire and is a huge medieval style fairytale castle surrounded by forest with a proper gatehouse, moat, portcullis and banquet rooms. Amy and Lee contacted me at the end of last year after seeing me at Rachel and Dave's wedding in Fonmon Castle -Dave is Amy's uncle, although of course he doesn't look old enough to be(!) Of course I wasn't meant to be here so I told Amy and Lee that I couldn't photograph the wedding. Then Natasha and James decided to fly me home for their wedding in 2 weeks so it turned out I could photograph Amy and Lee after all!

I only found out last week, but for a while recently there was almost no wedding at all. Just over 4 weeks ago Lee was diagnosed with a brain tumor. He was rushed into hospital and all wedding planning was dropped. Incredibly, Lee was operated on, the tumor was removed and he started to recover slowly. Last Wednesday, 3 days before the wedding he returned home, weak but able to walk and strong enough for the wedding to go ahead on Saturday. There must have been a lot of frantic last minute wedding work - Amy and her mum finished the table plan on Friday night, amongst other things.

Lee - this man was lying in a hospital bed 3 days before this shot was taken.



I love this image of Amy and Lee in front of the Castle, they have such a quiet, gentle way with eachother. You can just see an operating scar at the front of Lee's head here.



A couple of Amy before the ceremony. Can I just say, she MADE HER OWN DRESS. I have to be honest, I was expecting something very simple and kind of homemadey. This dress is an incredible peice of work, full of intricate detail on the bodice, with beads and antique lace that looked amazing in the medieval castle surroundings. I am just in awe, especially considering it was finished the night before the wedding! Amy looked very beautiful and serene all day.





The couple's son Oscar was the page boy,



And Lee's daughter Katie was the flower girl,





Lee read Amy a poem during the ceremony,





What a place to get married!



This shot is for Rachel :)



A couple of Amy and Lee together after the ceremony,





Amy's mum was busy assembling this on the day of the wedding(!) and just look how cool it is!! The icing figures have the same outfits as the wedding party and little Oscar even has his special cuddly donkey, brilliant.



Some very irresponsible father was encouraging this activity after the wedding,



Rachel and Dave looking very glam,



I feel quite smug about this shot - there were lots of peacocks in the grounds of the castle, and I caught this peacock and peahen having a wedding day kiss!



The hog roast





And it didn't even rain! Thanks for a great day guys xxx

No comments: