Wednesday 10 September 2008

Ash and Debbie's Wedding

When Debbie and Ash hired me to photograph their wedding back in the spring, I was so excited about the gorgeous little village church, the horse and cart, the marquee and the glorious summer weather! So as me and Emma drove to Debbie's parent's house on Saturday under threatening clouds I wondered if it could all go ahead as planned. I needn't have been concerned at all though, because with meticulous planning from both bride and groom's families and such excitement and happiness about the wedding, the day was a great success despite a torrential downpour in the middle(!) Debbie and Ash were like glamourous film stars gliding through everything in a serene and stylish way.

I processed most of my shots to be black and white or vintagy since they all just seemed to suit it. Here is Bella the flower girl, a perfect model for the camera:



This is the only bouquet I have ever photographed that smelt gorgeous! Which I imagine would be great before a ceremony if you're a nervous bride - you can just dig your nose in there...



Debbie. There's something old-fashioned about this image that I like.



The confetti wrapped in music scores:




Awwww. The glamour of it!




This is just before the surprise torrential downpour. Observant blog readers will notice a clue in the picture:










Lush!!



It stopped raining so we were able to get some coupley shots.






Attempting to feed the cows:



Incase you can't recognise it from this photo, the dessert was pavlova with raspberries, fresh cream and raspberry coulis.



I love the way that Debbie's mum is looking at her husband speaking here. It was the part of his speech where he was talking about how lucky he was to marry her.




First dance:





And some dancing photos - here are three that I like. Love this guy's expression!







Thanks Debbie and Ash for being such patient and good natured photo subjects. Hope you have a wonderful honeymoon - in India! Of course you can read my in-depth travel review below (joke!) xx

No comments: