Tuesday 3 March 2009

Angela & Guy's Wedding

Angela and Guy got married on Saturday at the beautiful Chingford Stables. I'm just blogging a few photographs (since I'm still editing) so that they can view some with their families before they leave for a honeymoon in Thailand.

I started the day at Angela's family home, where her mum June has been busy making Angela's wedding dress. June isn't even a dress maker, she just happens to be REALLY good at it. Angela and Guy live in the UK, and came back to Dunedin not long before the wedding, so there wasn't much time to fit the dress and make adjustments before the wedding. Angela's mum June was still making the dress when I arrived to start photographing, and an hour before the wedding, Angela and her bridesmaids were still adding the finishing touches! I could not get over how calm, happy and unconcerned Angela was about this. She was truly serene.







Angela's niece and nephew were flower girl and page boy, and they were so cute.



Yey, she's in the dress and it fits perfectly!







The guys, also very happy and chilled out. I photographed them as they wandered over to watch some cricket that was happening on the other side of the gardens. Luckily I was there to photograph the men, and didn't have to subject myself to watching any cricket. Phew.



I thought the red and grey colour scheme was really classic, and it looked perfect on the day because it was overcast and misty looking (one of my favourite kinds of wedding weather), and the reds really stood out.



This was a requested shot. When I get information from my couples I ask them to tell me if there is any specific shot they would love me to capture (apart from the obvious). Angela told me she wanted a photograph of Guy's expression when he first saw her walk up to the aisle. Here it is! A delighted (and possibly slightly smug) groom.







It almost started raining towards the end of the ceremony but stayed fine. To be honest I don't think Angela or Guy would have batted an eyelid if it had started pouring down.











The stone stables building is a nice backdrop to drinks on the lawn:



Some VERY cool vintage 50s cars. In red of course.









Angela and Guy, thank you for being such easy going, lovely people to work with. I can't wait for you to see the rest of your gallery! Have a wonderful, well deserved honeymoon and speak soon xxx

No comments: