Saturday 7 June 2008

Hello from Poland!

Thought I would share some photos from our trip so far. Plus of course I promised Max that we would keep in touch.

A little update on the general plan, since I know a lot of people aren't sure exactly what we are up to. Well, the initial idea was to travel over to New Zealand overland by train (as far as possible), via London, Brussels, Cologne, Warsaw and Krakow in Poland, St Petersburg and Moscow in Russia, and then through Mongolia - stopping for a while - into China, then Tibet and down to the south of India. Foreigners are no longer allowed into Tibet though, and now China has changed it's visa regulations, so we will change our plans for that part of the world, but so far we are booked as far as Mongolia - how exciting! We may fly into Japan from there, but will see...

In the meantime, we have managed to get as far as Krakow in Poland, which is an amazingly beautiful city. Hospitable, full of gorgeous old buildings, and sunny aswel, so we are starting to relax and enjoy things. I can't upload photos to my blog at the moment, but here is a link to about 10 that I managed to get on flickr. I'm not allowed to start missing my laptop though!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sineadphoto/

will write again soon x

No comments: