Tuesday 11 March 2008

Aidan and Katie

Yey, I finally got to photograph a family member without a cake and some birthday candles inbetween us! This is my brother Aidan and his gorgeous long suffering girlfriend Katie. Katie wanted some cool couple shots of them both and Aidan never shys away from the camera! We did lots of arty shots since I was able to get them lying on the floor, climbing stairs and running around in the cold with high heels on (Katie that is), and they followed all my orders without complaining! My kind of clients. I generally turn over about 150 - 250 shots on a portrait session, and Aidan told me that he would be happy with 50 good ones and 10 REALLY good ones. No pressure then...



I processed some of my black and whites in a new vintagey way for this session. You can't really tell so much on the little blog images but they look great when they're huge!





I wanted this one to look a little bit fairy tale.







I've been wanting to photograph someone infront of this wall for AGES! I love it.



Of course we had to get Max in on the action at some point.







All the lovely daffodils.



Aw, how cute!





Ok, here's the background to the next 2 photos: Aidan has wanted to be a weatherman for as long as I can remember (since he was a little boy, after growing out of the batman phase). He is currently working with the RAF as part of his meteorology training, and will soon be a fully fledged, qualified weatherman. He LOVES clouds. So we had to chase some good ones across parts of Cardiff and found a spot where the light was good, only in the middle of some dingy buildings. I framed the shots to keep the buildings out, but I also want to say - these haven't been photoshopped, I just underexposed for the sky element of the photo and used my flash for A & K. Its the same thing a point and shoot camera attempts (sort of!) when you use the 'sunset' mode.


Here is Aidan with his favourite type of cloud(!) - we also did a serious version of this because Aidan didn't want to look like a cloud tourist.



And one of Katie (sans cloud) that shows off her amazing blue eyes:



Not sure if thats 10 or not, but I hope you like them guys! See you soon xx

No comments: